Contributed by CarrieAnn Frese
Summertime in Annapolis means parties and events with family and friends by the water. Sweeten the memory by trying the Sweet Spice Dip For Fresh Fruit recipe from JLA’s Of Tide and Thyme cookbook. It’s perfect with fresh fruit, for a light and cool enjoyment while out in the summer sun.
Sweet Spice Dip For Fresh Fruit
Makes 1 cup
Of Tide and Thyme, p. 55
Note: Must be made ahead and best served in a hollowed out melon surrounded by fruit.
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash allspice
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt with sugar.
- Stir into sour cream, add extracts and mix well.
- Chill two hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with fresh fruit such as strawberries, Bing cherries, green grapes, apples, pineapples and bananas.