JLA History

Web_Our-History2

In 1948, eight Junior League members living in Anne Arundel County formed a group interested in implementing volunteer projects in the Annapolis area. Although they were members of the Junior League of Baltimore, their foremost interest was in their own community. As the group grew in number and expertise, it re-evaluated its structure and eventually became the Annapolis Committee of the Junior League of Baltimore, Inc. This branch voted in February 1981, to incorporate as the Junior Service League of Annapolis and to apply for membership in the Association of Junior Leagues.