Harriet Heldenfeld Yake
- Carousel netted $21,156; corporate solicitation received $1,900.
- Community Donations totaling $5,000 were made to: OIC of Anne Arundel County, Arundel Hospice, Family & Children’s Service, Annapolis Chorale, Habitat for Humanity, MADD, Bello Machre, Martin Pollack Project, KIVA, Maryland Hall, St. John’s College Mitchell Gallery, Another Helping, and Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- $1,500 scholarship for outstanding achievement awarded to Mollie Sieradski through the Scholarship for Scholars program. $500 “Excellence in Voluntarism” award established and presented to Linda S. Greenberg, advocate for the homeless.
- Kids On The Block completed eighth year;
- Recycling: Youth Education & Involvement held two middle school recycling fairs and distributes brochures county-wide to private and parochial schools; second edition of A Resource Guide for Teens published and companion crisis card distributed.
- Long-term focus area: Family Support adopted.
- Public Policy lobbied for successful passage of Domestic Violence Order of Protection Act, received award from House of Ruth.
- Coordinated third successful Junior Leagues of Maryland Day at State House.
- New logo incorporated into redesigned letterhead package.
- Provisionals initiated four short-term projects. Resource Guide, Volunteer Award, Carousel Preview Party, and Cookbook feasibility study.
- Ad Hoc Training and Cookbook Research Committees established.
- Sustaining Council created.
- New governing documents for AJLI adopted.
- “Multicultural Literacy” program presented to community.
- Membership meetings held in various sites and included informational speakers. Social events included December Luncheon meeting and dinner dance in May for Annual Meeting.
- JLA held organizational memberships in Historic Annapolis Foundation, Banneker-Douglas Museum, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Severn River Association, Anne Arundel Council of Community Services and Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts.