Mary Kernan Salsich
- Auction netted $24,125, Carousel netted $24,700
- Donations totaling $5,000 were made to the following organizations: The Arundel Lodge, Historic Annapolis, Inc., First Night of Annapolis, Cerebral Palsy, S.P.C.A., Bello Machre, and Maryland Hall
- Kids in Crisis Conference was returned to C & PR for further research.
- Education Reform produced A Resource Guide for Teens, researched and lobbied. Lobbying efforts will continue by the Public Policy committee for one year.
- TPAPP presented their program numerous times. Project was terminated.
- Kids On The Block received a grant from the Arthritis Foundation to purchase puppet, skit and to train members. Other skits were popularly received. Project was re-approved for 3 years.
- Children’s Historic Museum of Maryland received membership approval for a downtown Annapolis site. Project moves forward.
- AIDS and Pregnancy Coalitions met consistently through the year. Administrative organization will be continued by Community Outreach Committee.
- C & PR researched and received approval for the Recycling – Youth Education and Involvement Project.
- Council System was implemented. Streamlining and shifts of accountability were addressed to reflect shifts in membership size. Revisions of Bylaws, Standing Rules, and voting procedures.
- Three Year, Long-Range Plan developed after extensive membership surveying.
- Two Community Advisory Board Meetings.
- One Community Roundtable by Diversification Committee. Invitations, advertising, information sharing meeting and outreach to community to encourage new members.
- Received J.C. Penney Golden Rule Award and $500 grant for exceptional volunteer service.
- Received Association Award of First Place for Annual Report for communications excellence in promoting its volunteer activities.
- Monthly Membership meetings with training and socialization. Five well received and attended social events despite a hurricane and two snowstorms interfering with three others. A celebration of our accomplishments at Annual Dinner.