Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. (JLA) participates in monthly Done in a Day (DIAD) projects as organized by the JLA’s DIAD Committee. The Committee reviews and plans short-term projects for nonprofit organizations throughout the community of Anne Arundel County. DIAD projects are part of the JLA’s ongoing commitment to make a difference in the community and must align to the JLA’s Vision of increasing the self-sufficiency of women and children, specifically by narrowing the achievement gap.
To submit an idea for a Done in a Day project, please complete the DIAD Request Form and email the form to email@example.com. Decisions are made on a rolling basis by the Done in a Day Committee. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past DIAD Projects Include:
- Lighthouse Shelter—assisted with meal preparation quarterly (bagged lunch program)
- Volunteer Center for Anne Arundel County—partnered with community organizations to implement recurring volunteer projects in the county
- Girls on the Run—mentored, coached, and co-ran with girls participating in footraces around the county
- Spanish Heritage Festival
- Volunteer Blood Drive—hosted in partnership with Anne Arundel Medical Center to collect blood from donors to restock life-saving provisions that will provide to those in need
- Habitat for Humanity—assisted with construction work on a house in Edgewater
- Chrysalis House—helped staff re-create a recreation room for clients of Chrysalis House services using existing fitness equipment, painting and decorating
- Albert Adams Academy—assisted with the make-over of a teacher’s lounge at the school to provide a positive environment for the teachers to have some downtime before and after teaching in the classroom
- Kids In the Kitchen—helped empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices and reverse the growth of childhood obesity and its associated health issues
- Projects at Eastport Elementary, Edgewater Elementary, and Hillsmere Elementary Schools