JUNIOR LEAGUE OF ANNAPOLIS, INC. HOSTS PAINT THE BAY RECEPTION
(ANNAPOLIS, MD) Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. (JLA) will host Paint the Bay for the second year in a row. Join us at Annapolis Maritime Museum, Tuesday, June 5th from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. for the Paint the Bay reception. This exhibition is part of Paint Annapolis, a week long, juried “plein- air” painting competition that brings to Annapolis painters from around the world. This reception will feature artworks completed by juried artists featuring the Chesapeake Bay.
Please join us at the Annapolis Maritime Museum to celebrate JLA while supporting our community partner, Maryland Federation of Art (MFA). Paint the Bay is free and open to the public. Some highlights of the evening include:
- Appetizers and desserts from JLA’s fabulous Cookbooks
- Beautiful artwork from the “Paint the Bay” day will be displayed and on sale if anyone chooses to purchase. 40% of proceeds will go back to JLA.
- JLA representatives will judge the artwork for a cash prize (provided by MFA) An evening of friends and festivities!
You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or the JLA office at 410‐224‐8984.
Download the official press release here.
Contributed by Amanda Anderson
Good news, spring is in the air after we had just a small taste of warmer weather this past week! If you’re like me, I can’t wait to finally get back outside and enjoy warmer weather after what seemed like a never ending winter. This is one of the many reasons I am looking forward to JLA’s 11th annual Jennifer Summers Barrett Memorial Volunteers on the Run 5K on Saturday, April 28th. I hope that you are signed up to join us, but if you haven’t signed up yet, there is still time.
Still need more convincing? I’ve listed the top 5 reasons you should sign up to participate:
- Location, location, location – Quiet Waters Park is consistently ranked by outdoor enthusiasts and locals alike as one of the top locations for running and walking in Anne Arundel County. With more than 700,000 visitors annually, the 340-acre park boasts more than 6 miles of trails with scenic views. Whether you plan on running, walking, or doing a little of both on race day – there will be plenty of beautiful foliage and wildlife to enjoy while on the course.
- Something for everyone – The Volunteers on the Run 5K is a race truly made for everyone. From speed demons looking for a new PR to those who had to dust off the cobwebs from their running shoes on race morning, and everyone in between. Whether you are out there to run your personal best, or have a fun walk with friends and family, WE ARE ALL WINNERS!
- Post-run fun – Nothing beats the satisfaction of a post race meal and icy-cold beverage! It is even more satisfying when a portion of the sales of this well-deserved meal are donated to support the community projects of JLA. Following the run, join us to continue the fun at Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern from 10:30 a.m. to Noon to take advantage of drink specials, where 10% of all sales will be donated to JLA. Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern is conveniently located right outside of Quiet Waters Park at 107 Hillsmere Dr, Annapolis, MD 21403. I can almost smell the BBQ…YUM!
- Annapolis’ Most family friendly 5K – We are proud of the fact that we have built a reputation as a family friendly 5K for runners and walkers of all ages. The paved paths of Quiet Waters Park are perfect for strollers – after all, it’s never too early to complete your first 5K! We encourage you to bring the whole family for a fun run and family meal afterwards.
- Good for you & your community – According to the Mayo Clinic, exercise can lead to a happier, healthier you. This includes helping to combat health conditions and diseases to boosting your energy and mood. Participating in the Volunteers on the Run 5K will not only do good for you personally, but will also do good for your community by supporting the important community projects of JLA.
Now that you are motivated for JLA’s annual Jennifer Summers Barrett Memorial Volunteers on the Run 5K, visit the following website to secure your race bib: https://www.raceentry.com/race-reviews/jla-fun-run
On behalf of the Junior League of Annapolis, we look forward to seeing you, your family, and friends at the starting line on race day!
More information on the annual Jennifer Summers Barrett Memorial Volunteers on the Run 5K is available here: https://www.jlannapolis.org/volunteersrun2018/
Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. is entering a research year in which we will be considering the changing needs of our community and how JLA can help. Please come to our spring networking event to share your perspective on a broad range of community needs in Anne Arundel County and where JLA should focus its efforts in the coming years. JLA been serving Anne Arundel County for 35 years and is dedicated to narrowing the achievement gap and focusing on the self-sufficiency of women and children.
(ANNAPOLIS, MD) Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. will host its Cash Bash fundraiser event on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at Union Jack’s British Pub Annapolis, MD location.
Open to the public, two-thirds of the proceeds from Cash Bash will benefit the community programs of Junior League of Annapolis. The winner of a random drawing will take home the remaining one-third of the ticket sales. Union Jack’s will provide extended happy hour drinks and food specials.
Tickets are $35.00 each in advance. There are only 200 tickets available. Any remaining tickets will be sold at the door for $40. The more tickets that a person has, the greater the odds are of winning!
“Junior League of Annapolis is very excited to host Cash Bash next month at Union Jack’s of Annapolis for the third year in a row. This fun and social evening out is a wonderful reason to enjoy food and drinks with friends while trying your luck at winning some money! All proceeds of this event benefit the programs of Junior League of Annapolis. Come out and support our wonderful cause while potentially winning one-third of the evening’s ticket sales!” says Ms. Gretchen Davis and Natalie Phillips, Gala Committee Co-Chairs.
For more information about this event, please contact email@example.com. You may also contact Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. at 410-224-8984 or visit www.jlannapolis.org.
ABOUT JUNIOR LEAGUE OF ANNAPOLIS, INC.
Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our membership of over three hundred women strives to narrow the achievement gap in Anne Arundel County, with a specific focus on the self-sufficiency of women and children.
Download the official press release HERE.
Check out the event page HERE.
(ANNAPOLIS, MD) Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. (JLA) will host its 11th annual Jennifer Summers Barrett Memorial Volunteers on the Run 5K fundraiser event on Saturday, April 28, 2018. Race begins at 9:00 am at Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis, MD.
Open to the public, the proceeds from the fun run will benefit the community programs of JLA. A variety of entry options this year range in price from $10 – $50 with the standard runner/walker entry of $35. New this year is a phantom runner option for those unable to attend but want to support this amazing event.
To register online, visit the JLA website at https://www.jlannapolis.org/volunteersrun2018/. Online Registration will close at midnight on April 27th. Day of registration is scheduled for 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Packet pickup information will be posted on our website and Facebook page closer to the event date.
The fun run is open to those of all ability levels – from experience runners to strollers and anyone in between!
“Junior League of Annapolis is excited to host our 11th annual Jennifer Summers Barrett Memorial Volunteers on the run 5k this year at Quiet Waters Park. This is a fantastic opportunity to come help Junior League fundraise for our community impact projects while honoring our beloved volunteer and leader Jennifer Summers Barrett,” comments Diana Emerson, Chair of Fun Run Committee.
To view the latest updates about the event and to learn more about sponsor opportunities, please visit our website jlannapolis.org. You may also contact Diana Emerson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or the JLA office at 410‐224‐8984.
ABOUT JUNIOR LEAGUE OF ANNAPOLIS, Inc.
Junior League of Annapolis, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our membership of over three hundred women strives to narrow the achievement gap in Anne Arundel County, MD with a specific focus on the self-sufficiency of women and children.
To download the official press release, click HERE.
For more details, check out the event page HERE.